Sunday, February 28, 2010

To Grandmother's house we went.

This is Habbs.
Photobucket

And this is Habbs with her Great-Grandfather.

Photobucket

It's amazing to me that he hasn't changed one.iota for as long as I've known him.


He sings to her the same songs I can remember him singing to me..

Photobucket

..and dances the same way I remember him dancing...

Photobucket

...and makes the same hilarious faces...

Photobucket

and I know the other grandkids know exactly what I mean...

Abby and I had such a lovely visit with our (great)grandparents (Grandma declined a photo-op)...

we did a puzzle (in record time), ate wayyy to much delicious food,Photobucket,

collected scraps for the compostPhotobucket,

watched some movies, went for a walk or two, toured around to see what was new in town, searched the house for hidden treausres
Photobucket

and did a few crosswords.

Visiting them is like a trip back in time, and it was fabulous...no they are fabulous.


And this is fabulous...
Photobucket

Two of my favorite people sharing a special moment...that I intruded on.

Photobucket

I wish I could bottle this moment and pull it on a rainy day!

3 comments:

Susan said...

I'm sure you will treasure some of those pictures forever! They are just beautiful- and you captured a lot of emotion! :)

Dawn said...

Definitely pictures to treasure for you AND her.

Tracy said...

It is so amazing to me that you get to share this experience! Not many of us get to see our kids with our own grandparents, definitely a really special trip for you guys.