Tuesday, January 26, 2010

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTT....

HELLO everyone!!!! (waves white flag)

I am not gone, though if you only know me through the blog you might have thought otherwise.

Nope. I have just been busy spending boatloads of time with my husband. Who is leaving for a month to go the Olympics for work. Yuck, I know. Thank goodness I won't be alone for the month though!

AND so we have been busy spending time with each other - packing every.little.thing. up and putting it in storage, because with my husband gone, I am leaving, and contractors are coming to renovate the house!!!!!!!

Yep, that's right. Construction central around here. So Abby, Weston and I will be on the Griffith Family (minus daddy) Roadtrip 2010!!! Rather than try to designate one room with an bed, laptop and nothing else to keep us entertained - and to try to stay out of the drywall dust etc... I decided to get outta here. OH and the other great thing that many of you might not know - when we bought this house we were fully aware of it being a fix.er.up.er. and there is mold in the walls of the basement, so Abby and I are not allowed to be here once they rip that all out anyways.

Things will be sealed up, vented out, and under.construction.

I can't wait until we come home though - we've picked our materials that we like. However, it will be a surprise to come home, as we are not really sure what it will look like. (Don't worry, the guy we've given creative freedom to is really great!).

I have new pictures to post, and things to say, but until Thursday (when my entourage head out), you will have to be patient. THEN I will post all my posts from the last week.

So being the kind person that I am, and knowing that many of you were afraid I had fallen into a well... I just wanted to tell you all that I'm not buried under an avalanche, nor have I been chopped up by a freaky person CSI-Miami style, nor am I sitting on a sunny beach somewhere....

I'm just home. Enjoying some time with my family. Getting gray hair over the reno. Hot-tubbing whenever the mercury climbs high enough that I won't freeze solid between the door and the tub. Taking boatloads of pictures. Packing things up and all over the house. Stacking things in piles. Preparing for my mainfloor to be sealed all up. AND excited to get outta town and see some old friends!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Sounds fun! The roadtrip part, not the stress over reno and packing part. Hope your husband enjoys his time at the Olympics. It's my hometown and I'm a little sad I won't be there to enjoy the excitement! My sister got a job for the Olympics and just started her training (my whole family still lives in North Van).