Saturday, May 10, 2008

I know, I know.... A long awaited update.

Hullo folks,

Judging by my email-inbox full of "WHERE'S YOUR FREAKING UPDATES" emails, you noticed I didn't have my computer this week.

This might have to be a two parter as we did allllllllllllot this week.

Monday morning we left for the Kennedy Space Center with Ty's dad Bob and Susan. We spent the afternoon there (the shuttle that leaves at the end of the month is already on the launch pad being ready-ied). We hit the beach for some shell hunting as the shells in Cape Canaveral are quite different than the shells found where we are on the Gulf of Mexico.

Then Tuesday till Friday we did the Disney Parks.... Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios. We stayed at the Saratoga Springs resort - which is modeled after some of the resorts found in Upstate New York in the early 1900's. Very busy four days. (updates will come with the pictures - which are on our camera still with Ty's dad).

Friday afternoon we drove to Daytona Beach and stayed at the Hilton right across from the racetrack. Now it was a really nice hotel... so I was expecting a nice looooooooooong peacefull night sleep, as I am sure many of you would. So i'm fast asleep in my nice bed when about 1am a siren goes off and white strobe lights are blasting in my eyes - for about 15 seconds. Then everythings dark - and I've had a heart attack.

Ty basically woke up rolled over and went back to bed (his bed was on the other side of the room - so he didn't get quite the view of the strobe lights)... meanwhile i'm panicking thinking, maybe thats the Florida Sign for Tornado and we're about to die.... And after about 15 minutes of searching for the reasoning and Ty telling me to go back to bed, I finally fell back asleep............

30 minutes later..............S I R E N and FREAKING STROBE LIGHTS......................

Apparently if you have the air conditioning on to high down here ( I know most of you don't believe I'd sit in an air conditioned room) it sets off the fire-alarms. LESSON LEARNED... ( THATS WHY NICOLE CONTROLS THE THERMOSTAT!)

But... I think the hot tub is calling my name, so I will finish this later or tomorrow with pictures. I hope alls well back home, and i'll see some of you in the next few days.

No comments: